Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Only You, dear God


Oh Lord, my god

You shine like the brightest sunlight

through sparkling, clear glass.

Yours hands bring salvation and comfort

to my weary shoulders.

Blessed be the name of my God

Who reigns forever and ever.


You who gathers the wind in your hand

And hurls with hurricanes fury.

Who blows soft breezes and little leaves

before your breath.


You who hath bound the waters

as they surround the shores of land.

Oh creator or heaven and earth,

In awe I bow b eofre your presence

With trembling, I seek your praise.

I abhor the praisse of men,

It is as a tinkling wind chime and

has no substance.


Only you do I love,

Only you do I seek,

Only you do I wait for

Only you, dear God -- only you!

God of heaven and earth, Lord of all.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, this psalm is especially inspiring! Thank you for your committed expressions and for sharing your praise!

    ReplyDelete